Selling Fast at all AA Pharmacy
Check price and availability via WhatsApp
If you see two red lines by C and T regions, it is a positive result. The lines can be distinct or faint. You are tested Covid-19 positive.
- RT-PCR test is still required for a confirmation of a Covid-19 case. You are advised to seek medical attention immediately even though you might have no symptoms
- Do follow the current SOP given
If you see one red line by C, and no line by T, it is a negative result.
- You probably do not have Covid-19. However, you are advised to continue monitoring for symptoms if you suspect you might be exposed to the virus as there is a chance for a false-negative result
- If you develop symptoms later on, you are advised to do a RT-PCR test as confirmation
If you do not see any lines, or one line by T, it is an invalid result. The test did not work
- You will need to do another test with a new test kit.
The RTK-Antigen Test is a screening tool, not a diagnostic tool!
1. This test can only detect SARS-CoV-2 antigen in human saliva and nasal only, not other specimen.
2. If the procedure is done incorrectly, it may cause inaccurate results.
3. False negative results happen if:
- The concentration of antigen in a specimen is below the detection limit of the test.
- The specimen was not collected or transported properly.
4. Positive results do not rule out co-infections with other pathogens.
Therefore, due to its limitation in detection range and sensitivity, RTK-Antigen test is used as a screening test and RT-PCR is used as confirmatory test to define a COVID-19 case.